Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Yay! I'm famous!!!



I've finally made it! I have an entry on the Irish comics Wiki! Granted it doesn't say much bar the fact that I exist and am doing Celtic Knights, but still, there I am. Enshrined for all eternity amongst the great Irish comic book creators. Suppose I'd better start producing something so....



On that note, the art is coming along nicely. Its looks like the comic is going to end up being a few pages longer than originally intended, which is no bad thing for the readers I suppose. And only one & a bit splash pages (so far) to boot! (for those of you who might be reading this who are not up on comics terminology, a splash page is a page with a large "pin-up" style picture that takes up most or all of the page).




My lovely wife bought me a proper portfolio case thingy the other day (up till now I have been keeping all my stuff in a wooden art box that doubles as my drawing board). In the process of moving all my stuff from one folder to another I came across a couple of issues of my first self-produced comic, Hybrid. Its very, very old (I think I did the first one when I was about 17), and very amateur-ish. Its coloured in markers & colouring pencils because I'm pretty sure you couldn't colour pictures on a computer back then!! For some reason though I'm still quite fond of it and over the years I have always intended to re-draw the whole thing using all the tricks I have learned over the years. I did at one stage manage to re-do the first three or four pages before something else got in the way. I'm half thinking of posting it up as-is as a web comic, if anybody would be interested in having a read. Let me know & I'll see what public opinion is like before I litter up the internet with any more of my rubbish. In the meantime, here is the cover I did for Issue 0 (2006 ish, still pre-photoshop) to whet your appetite.


Dont judge me on the fake tan look there, I blame the limited resources at my disposal at the time.....


Another Celtic Knights Preview for you too now; this is Fallout's impressive entrance into the comic...

Till next time!!

No comments: