Friday, August 15, 2008

Three weeks in and I've already run out of witty titles.....



OK, a couple of different projects to show you this week. I'll have the usual Celtic Knights preview, but first something a bit different.


Some of you may know that I am involved in a project called Transformers: Mosaic. Basically, a bunch of talented fan artists have gotten together to produce a series of one-page comics about everybodys favourite giant Transforming robots. So far I have been involved in a couple which you can see here. (All the other ones can be seen here). Some of them have even managed to get printed in the official Transformers comics. None of mine though.... yet.


So currently I have two more in the works; one based on the old Marvel comics I used to read when I was a kid (its amazing the standard of art they used to carve on to those stone tablets, all the same...) and one based on the new Transformers Animated cartoon, which, by the way, is an excellent reason to start getting up on a Saturday morning again!


This is a preview of the latter one, written & drawn by me and coloured by the very talented Linda Song. The comic is called "Public Relations" and I'll post the whole thing up when the TF: Mosaic boys let me.






I know last week I said I would post up a preview of the comic for the Boards.ie free comic book day project, but the truth is I've been too lazy to bother taking the scanner out this week. If you are lucky I'll update this post with it later. Probably won't though...


So another Celtic Knights preview for you now. This is the final design sketch I did for the group, and its of Rapid. He's a super-fast hero and probably the most typically Dublin of the Knights (just say his name in a northsider accent and you'll see what I mean!!). Aswell as the 'tache and the runners, he also has the typical Dublin mammy. Stephen has a few good bits in the comics for her, but I'm not going to spoil it for you...

Right, thats your lot for now. See you next week!!

No comments: