Monday, December 1, 2008

So now what?

I know that I'm a few days late updating the blog this week, so apologies. I wasn't going to bother at all this week but I wouldn't want you all thinking I was just using the blog to sell comics at the convention.....
It all went very well actually. Both comics were very well received, with Celtic Knights selling out of all the copies we brought with us!! There are a few more copies on sale in Sub City, Exchequer St. here in Dublin, and once our second print run arrives it should be in a few other places too. I'll keep you posted so watch this space!! I got to meet a lot of fellow Irish comic creators (there are too many to mention by name, but I was very impressed with the standard of Irish independent comics out there) and a few of the bigger names in the business. Irelands own Nick Roche, of IDW Transformers fame, did a great sketch for me (have a look below), and was showing off artwork for the first two issues of his latest project "Maximum Dinobots", which looks great.
I spent most of the convention sketching robots for people & trying to force sweets on them, so if you bought a copy of either of the comics or some artwork- thank you, and I have the number of a good dentist if you want it...
So next on the agenda are some more robots... I have a commission piece and another mosaic to do before I get cracking on Issue 2 of the Knights. I'm taking a break from anything too pressing between now and Christmas though, so I'll probably not get anything at all done...
No picutres by me this week, but one of me! Top one is Ultra Magnus by Nick Roche, and the bottom one is the Celtic Knights/Rosemary Herbb table at the convention. I'm the one in the middle about to get a smack on the head from Stephen, with Barry wisely staying as far away from it all as he can. Next convention, I'm sitting on the end...


No comments: